Monday, April 30, 2012

My Mommy Tribute: Z is for Zzzzzzzzzzz

One of my favorite memories is curling up with my mother to fall asleep. When I was little, Mom would rock me in the oversized upholstered rocking chair that she bought when she met my father. It made this horrible creaking noise, the rhythm of which would lull you to sleep. I would fight sleep because I knew as soon as I was out, she would make me go back to bed. It was so comforting to be in her arms.

On Friday nights, we would watch Dallas together. As long as I could fit, I often lay in front of her on the couch.  Unfortunately, I seemed to quickly get too big for doing that. She would also let me squeeze into bed with her if I had nightmares or didn't feel well. To this day, when I have a nightmare or don't feel well, I just want my mommy to curl up with me to make me feel better.

I miss my mom a lot. I know she is still physically here on Earth, but it just isn't the same. Thank you for taking this journey with me this month as I reminisced about her.

1 comment:

  1. I loved taking this Mommy journey with you as it brought back a lot of memories for me, too. You are a beautiful writer and your mom would be so touched and proud if she could read these tributes to her:) XO Auntie Carol

    ReplyDelete